Featured Posts

Advertisement

The secrets that tall trees keep

During the late summer of 2014 something strange occurred to me--an event I could not explain then and certainly cannot now. While the paranormal may be a topic of interest in my life and on this website, it's also something I am strangely detached from. In a sense, few 'paranormal' events have happened to me. That fact also leads me to often conclude that paranormal is fakery most of the time when people are selling books of videos. The ghost shows on TEE VEE often make me cringe, as I wonder to myself if they've perfectly staged the events and increased their personal fear level just for attention.

I recall a few ghostly whispers in a church at night when I was a child--whispers that were unexplained and heard by more than just me. I also felt a bit of a 'time slip' in my personal life around December 2013 when my father was hospitalized for a near-life-ending issue.

But my 'normal' routine was smashed during a warm September night in 2014. . I didn't write about this then, and certainly didn't broadcast it to many people. A conversation with a friend the other evening brought the memories back.. She joked about Bigfoot being in the woods near our homes, we live close by each other. I never believed in the Bigfoot notion..and I stil find myself rolling my eyes when people speak of the supposed entity.  That said, some of the Sasquatch experts may chalk my experience up to the paranormal time traveling beast from the East..

It was near midnight on a Satruday.. I took Mutley the dog out for one last bathroom break before bed.. My wife was inside watching television and my son was sound asleep.  I recall a distinct warmth about that night in September, but even though it was comfortable the breeze blowing was a little chilling. I was staring at the stars as I often do, hunting the scenery for anything I thought looked weird--I am determined to see a UFO again, the last time I saw an unexplained craft was the year 2009. .

While my dog did his business, I heard a weird noise somewhat in the distance coming from the Northern part of the forest that exists behind my home.. There is a shed near the driveway. That plus the overall darkness obstructed my view of whatever made the sound.  The noise reminded me a bit of a clink and clank noise a chain would make. As I stood there, the sound began to get closer.. and closer.. and closer. At one point, it sounded like it was surrounding me, coming from every direction including up. My dog was frozen in time, he normally barks at the sound of a pin drop but in this case, he was silent and his hair stood up from head to tail as he stared at the forest.. The noise began to sound like the noise of a chain dragging on the floor of the woods, I heard leaves rustling and a loud grinding noise. But absent the event: Evidence of footsteps. I heard no one walking, talking, laughing, or breathing.. Instead, for about 45 to 60 seconds, I heard the loudest unexplained noise I've ever heard..

Then, after it shrouded me in sound, it began to slowly phase away.. it sounded at one point as though the chain clanging continued but it was leaving my.. more and more going into the distance of the woods until finally it was completely gone..

There are a few things to keep in mind here. First, I haven't drank in months, quitting that practice in the middle of 2014.. So alcohol is not a factor. Even more, I was wide awake and wasn't having some groggy walking nightmare. Finally, during the entire event, I was frightened enough to run into the house and get a strong flashlight. I shined it up into the woods in all directions when the noise was loudest--but saw nothing. I did not see trees bending or breaking, and saw no evidence of any person or animal making the sound..

When the event concluded and the sound had finally vanished, my dog broke his silence and began barking. Interestingly enough, other dogs in the neighborhood did the same. It seemed all at the same time the night air was alive with the noises of scared animals lashing out in some type of anger and fear--but only when this loud sound had ended.

For months I have searched online for people having the same experience as me.. I cannot find any tales like this.. I don't think there is a Bigfoot, and certainly don't think one exists in the small forest nearest me. At least I'd like to think I'm safe from the mammoth beast.

I can also say this: The noise never occurred again. Not once..

The next morning I woke early and scoured the woods for any signs of chains, dragging pieces of metal, or broken tree limbs and branches.

When I told family members about this initially, they seemed to think I almost had a confrontation with a bear. Maybe I did.. but they did not hear what I heard: The noise of this grinding chain sound surrounding me, encompassing my entire being. Even sounding like it was right next to my head..

No, I have never experienced anything like this before and did not again since..
While I haven't the slightest what it may have been, I certainly would be open to suggestions from the masses.

I would like to know.. did you ever experience something of this nature? Do you have any idea or notion what I may have heard?

This may be the weirdest moment of recent memory.. and I don't even know if it could be a paranormal affair or something very explainable. If it can be explained, I'd sure love to hear it..

In the meantime.. there are secrets kept by tall trees.. The things they've seen....
The secrets that tall trees keep The secrets that tall trees keep Reviewed by Bryan on 11:56:00 PM Rating: 5

No comments:

Social Networks

NIGHT TERROR NEWS. Powered by Blogger.